Let’s just call this what it is…the end of summer (even though the heat isn’t letting up here in Los Angeles.)
All my life I’ve desperately wanted to have a deep tropical tan. But as a redhead I mostly got a lot of burns and skin damage. Now I ALWAYS wear sunscreen and never sunbathe but apparently my dog, Bandit does.
Poor guy has very pink skin and freckles, like me. But he loves the feel of the sun on his body. (I can totally relate.)
Turns out he got some skin cancer tags the vet had to remove a couple of weeks ago. If you have a pet, you know what that means…the cone of shame. It’s designed to prevent pets from ripping out the stitches with their teeth but it looks so Medieval and uncomfortable.
We didn’t want to put him through that trauma so we bought him a less invasive inflatable “donut” to go around his neck.
He still hates it.
The good news is it comes off TODAY! He’s going to be so happy. And so am I.
Today’s article is about a new platform that can exponentially grow your business like magic. Enjoy!
Armand Morin’s “Learn University“
I don’t go to as many events as I used to even though that’s the main way I grew my business. Nowadays I’m super picky about where I spend my time. But I know when there’s a not-to-be-missed event and that is Armand Morin’s “Learn University” taking place in Phoenix, Arizona. I’m going and you should consider it too. “Learn University” is the next evolution of continuing education. Plus, it’s an unbelievable place to network as well. See you there? Press Here.
The Number One Video Trend You Should Jump On Now
By: Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero, Expert Marketing Strategist
When I first heard about this platform, I giggled.
I really did.
But with one session I literally doubled my Twitter following. And every time I hold a session I add anywhere from 5-10 new followers.
Those are potential new customers, or at the very least new potential fans. So I’m growing my community.
What platform am I talking about?
Periscope. And you don’t even have to have an audience of any type to begin.
Periscope is growing by leaps and bounds. But what the heck IS Periscope?
Think of it as a live TV show you can start up at a moment’s notice on your phone or tablet. It is an AUTHENTIC delivery of you because you are live in the moment so audiences are eating it up.
Here’s how it works:
- You have to have to have a Twitter account (since Twitter bought it in February of this year.) I have three – one for Red Hot Copy, one for Ginger Quinn and a personal one.
- Next you download the Periscope application on your phone or tablet. (It doesn’t work on a laptop which only adds to the simplicity and portability of Periscope.)
- Decide on a simple topic. It can literally be about walking on a campus or narrating your dog’s antics. But for our purposes let’s use it mainly for business tips and conversations.
- Touch the screen to type in your enticing, yet brief, broadcast title. (This is where good, attention-grabbing copywriting comes in!) Here are some examples:
- 3 Newfangled Ways to Increase Traffic
- Taking a Hike Like a Boss
- Isn’t This Great? My Own Apartment!
- Start “Scoping” and people you’ve never connected with will jump on the call. For real!
- Engage them by reminding them who you are. Also ask them to touch the screen to deliver “hearts” which is Periscopes method of “liking” something.
- You can also engage them by asking direct questions which they can answer (and you can read) like a live chat.
It’s important to understand that your Periscope broadcast will only be available for 24 hours. If you want it to live on, you can save it to your phone or tablet. Or register with a site like www.katch.me to have it archived.
There are over 1 million Periscope users right now in all sorts of target markets. When you’re in on the ground floor, you get to be an innovator.
Most people on there right now are new adopters and are also figuring it out. Give it a chance. A lot of social media experts are very hot about the possibilities of what it can be.
Let me know what your Periscope handle is and I’ll follow you. The accounts I use to Scope are @RedHotCopy & @TheGingerQuinn.
Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero of Red Hot Copy is a pioneer in the world of copywriting when it comes to selling to women and conscious entrepreneurs. Her background as a journalist and an actress prepared her for the level of wordsmithing and psychology necessary to build her decade-plus long career. Her list of clients reads like a Hall of Fame list of marketers and corporations such as Office Depot, NAWBO, Ladies Who Launch, Ali Brown International, Braveheart Women, Glazer Kennedy, and more. Author, speaker, and creator of “The She Factor Copywriting Bootcamp,” “The Conscious Copywriting Formula,” and “30 Day Storytelling Challenge” (free on Facebook), Lorrie knows what it takes to build rapport for long-lasting relationships. And more importantly, she knows how to SELL with copy!
Join the “The Conscious Copywriting Formula “ program NOW for the LOW price of just $497.
The Conscious Copywriting Formula is an exciting deep dive into the world of refining your message for the world using transformational language melded with authentic and helpful salesmanship.
When you register for The Conscious Copywriting Formula you’ll get full access to Lorrie’s Five-Step Formula in A Self Study environment.
You’ll be able begin the day you purchase.
None of the STEPS will have homework. But you will receive examples and templates for each STEP in the Formula.