December is in full swing. People are bustling about. Buying gifts. Making plans. Seeing loved ones. But often during this time of year our bank accounts can get a little stagnant.
So today I’m sharing one of my favorite lists with you…how to have a successful holiday sale. You don’t have to wait for a holiday of course. This is a great list to keep handy all year long.
Also be sure to check out my latest video on doing company research. Whether you’re writing for a client or putting the magnifying glass on your own company, you’ll love these easy tips and tactics to doing your own due diligence.
Enjoy the holidays!
Whether you’re writing for a client or putting the magnifying glass on your own company, check out my tips and tactics for doing company research.
Click here for this week’s video clip.
Bring In The Bucks With A Holiday Sale
By Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero, Expert Copywriting Strategist
While the holidays can be wonderful, sometimes business gets a little slow. So I’m including some of my own tried and true ways to pump some money into your bank account.
Now remember, during the holidays people tend to focus on things besides business but not everybody. There’s really no hard, fast rule. For many entrepreneurs it’s a time to wind down from client work so their attention is more available.
(For me personally – I have just the opposite situation. I have tons of client work from people I love. My sons will be home from college. And we’re buying a house. Yes, it will never boring around here this holiday…but I LOVE it!)
When you do a sale, the stronger your relationship is with your community, the better your results will be. Ezines, blogs, teleseminars, social media, forums, live speaking, and pictures are ways to build rapport and familiarity.
Your rates may vary but in general a good click through rates (CTR) for ezines is between 2% and 6%. When you do a solo mailing, you’re going to usually get higher click through rates (CTR).
Hot Copywriting Tip: Always assume the sale in your copy. It makes your copy read much more powerfully.
And now to choose what kind of sale you’ll have. Here’s a smattering of some of my most successful ventures.
Types of sales to have:
- Close-out sale – Updating your products? Taking some off the market? Let your list have first shot at the booty.
- Scratch and dent sale – Put returns or older versions of product on sale. They’ll eat it up!
- Coupon – Offer a percentage discount or dollar amount off. If you use www.redhotcart.com, it’s easy to set up.
- Free shipping for a limited time – The key is here is ‘limited time.’ You have to give them a call to action.
- Try it for free – Many marketers are huge believers in this one…all the way back to Claude Hopkins in Scientific Advertising. He cited an example of two men selling a horse for the same price. One said pay me now and if you don’t like it I’ll give you your money back. The other said take it now and if after 30 days you still like it, pay me then. Claude said he would ALWAYS take the second offer.
- VIP Customer Discount– Keep your best customers happy by rewarding them.
- Buy one get one free – Another spin on the half off sale. Give one to a business associate and it’s still a tax write off for you (although I am not an accountant and can’t give you financial advice).
- Celebration sale – Can also use on special occasions or birthdays. Check out Chase Calendar of Events at www.chases.com to stir up ideas for your own celebration sale.
- Pre-product release sale – Give them a chance to order early at a savings (even if your product isn’t ready yet).
- Special bonuses – Pump up the product by piling on the VALUABLE bonuses. Don’t add irrelevant crap. Be sure it really increases the value.
- Bundle discount – Add some of your products together and offer them at a bargain.
- Upsell – example, teleseminar CDs and transcripts for $20 more.
Have a wonderful and festive holiday season and let me know how your sale(s) went on my blog at www.RedHotBlogging.com.
ABOUT LORRIE: Award-winning marketer, world-renowned copywriter and creator of “The She Factor Copywriting Bootcamp“, Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero of Red Hot Copy has a reputation as the top female copywriter in the info-marketing industry. Lorrie is dedicated to teaching the world it is possible to shift from the hype-filled sales to a more modern version …marketing written with authenticity, trust, and rapport.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Copywriting Strategist Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero publishes the award-winning Copywriting TNT weekly ezine with 33,000+ subscribers. If you’re ready to jump-start your business, make more money, and have more fun in your small business, get your FREE tips now at http://tinyurl.com/copywriting-TNT
How would you like me to hold your hand every step of the way, and give you my best copywriting techniques to take you from a blank page to copy that sells? Wish granted! I’ve collected my best A-Z formulas for writing copy (even if you’ve never written a lick of copy before) and put them all in the Second Edition of my book, Quick Start Guide to Writing Red Hot Copy. You can grab your copy at the Kindle store. Be sure to download the companion ACTION GUIDE that’s linked in there too. You’re going to love this!
Need Professional Help With Your Copy?
If you think I could help you with your copy, set up a ticket at www.RedHotHelpDesk.com with your ideal timeline and rough budget so we can get back to you. I can’t make promises we can work you in but you never know if you don’t ask.
Here are our advertising guidelines: We welcome 50-word ads contained in one paragraph with one live link. Ads must be professional and do not contain suggestive or adult material.
Our deadline is Wednesday for all ads for the following week. Our ezine is published on Tuesdays. Lorrie approves all content before any ad is accepted for her ezine, Copywriting TNT. You can advertise monthly or weekly.
Here is the link to purchase an ad (please cut and paste this link into your browser). http://redhotcopy.com/redhot/ezine-ad/
Up the ante when you purchase 4 consecutive ads for only $300 with no ad changes. Weekly ads pay the one-time rate of $100 each.
NOTE: We apologize for any inconvenience when using this or any other resource recommended. While we work to provide you with the best content it doesn’t always work out as expected.