This is Linda, customer service manager and team member of Red Hot Copy since the beginning. Lorrie’s hard at work on a deadline for a big project. Can’t reveal too much about that but if you’re interested in working with Lorrie after this project shoot us an email at www.RedHotHelpDesk.com.”
I love that I’m part of the elite Red Hot Team helping keep this wonderful business moving along. It’s good to know that we can support Lorrie while she puts on her creative hat spinning copy for her clients. That’s why you’re hearing from me today.
At Red Hot Copy, we know how important it is to have a moment to focus on what really matters. There’s still time to register for Lorrie’s interview tomorrow with Christina Hills at www.RedHotChristinaHills.com and focus on your business.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you had a road map for your business? Get access to John Carlton’s Action Seminar at www.RedHotCarlton.com before it goes away. Gentle reminder to sign up today.
Think Spring and have fun!
Member of the Red Hot Team
Free Call Tomorrow “Planning Your WordPress Website Design”
Join me and my friend, Christina Hills, creator of the “Website Creation Workshop’, and learn how you too can show off your website using WordPress in less time than a short workout. Sign up and see how your website can show off.
WHEN: Thursday, March 9, 2011 at 2pm PT/5pm ET
REGISTER for this call: www.RedHotChristinaHills.com
Why Women Should be YOUR Target Market
By Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero, Expert Copywriting Strategist
Women are high value customers because once they join your brand, and are happy, they are likely to stay loyal to you. What’s more is women talk a lot to their friends. They talk about what they like and they talk about what they don’t like.
Tom Peters writes in his book, Re-Imagine…
“A major stockbroker told me he has oriented his practice toward female clients – with great success. A research nut, he reports that his average male client recommends him to 2.6 others. On the other hand, his women clients recommend him to an average of 21 other people. Yes, that’s two-point-six versus twenty-one.”
So you definitely want to keep your female segments happy and loyal. Here are some devices you can use in your marketing right now to ramp it up.
- Remember, women are primarily interested in community, people, relationships – there is no winner…only a village.
- Women base their opinions on personality whereas men base it on specifics. It makes sense when you go back to our instincts of what is important to a caveman versus cavewoman. Caveman is single-focused in order to procreate his DNA. Cavewoman is multi-focused in order to preserve her children & the security of the village.
- This makes storytelling very powerful to women. Storytelling works with women AND men.
- Use the ‘tarket’ model. Women want to know everything about each other so the more you SHARE, the more you sell. “Sex and the City” was entirely marketed to females and pulled in $55.7 million in its opening weekend, knocking “Indiana Jones” off at just $46 million. Women bought out entire theaters and invited their friends. They had “Sex and the City” parties. It was a madhouse.
- Numbers, facts, and figures aren’t as important to women as they are to men. Women would much rather hear how someone’s life was improved by a product or service than by what percentage. Think back to making your copy more story-oriented.
- Women just don’t care about the mechanical details so spending a lot of time on the features of a product ain’t gonna get our attention. YALE STUDY: Tested college students’ ability to program a VCR from written instructions. 68% of the men did it on the first try. Only 16% of the women did it. My husband thinks I’m joking when I can’t remember how to use one of 5 remotes to work the TV versus the DVD versus the radio versus the Tivo. It’s enough to make my head spin.
- Women love to weigh in and give our opinions…quizzes, contests, surveys, essays…we love it! So using interactive media works great to hook women in.
- Give her tips she can use with no strings attached. So infuse your copy with useful statistics or fascinating facts she can tell her friends. You want to build a relationship over time. Just like dating. You don’t just want to jump into bed…well maybe the guy does. But women want to be romanced and trust needs to be built.
- Know what her values are. Making a difference in the world is a stronger position than looking younger/better (for a male…get it?) Women’s aspirations according to the Grey Advertising Study. Make the world a better place: 85%; See kids successful 83%; More time for me 82%; Travel 72%: Wealth 62%; Attractive 53%; Career 48%.
- Also women like to know your business is out to make a difference. Like to know you’re involved in outreach programs beyond making money. So if you donate to a cause by all means let her know.
Women are extremely loyal. Not only that they tell EVERYONE about their experiences. Good or bad.
If you’ve messed up, the best thing you can do to get her loyalty is great customer service. Customer service is very underrated these days because we’re all so busy. But it’s never been more important.
Offer a discount to give us another try, write a long letter of apology and let them know you want their business back, make them feel cared about and special and you’ve got ’em.
If you want to find out the whole story about how to deeply reach the women in your target audience, you can check out this link to the *The She Factor* by visiting http://www.TheSheFactor.com and decide if you are ready to join us for the next class.
Award-winning marketer, world-renowned copywriter and creator of “The She Factor®“, Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero of Red Hot Copy has a reputation as the top female copywriter in the info-marketing industry. She has written award-winning home study courses, conducts a world-famous virtual copywriting training, holds live workshops, and is authoring the original book, The She Factor based on her own She Factor Marketing System. Lorrie is dedicated to teaching the world it is possible to shift from the hype-filled sales to a more modern version…marketing written with authenticity, trust, and rapport.
Planning Your WordPress Website Design
My colleague and friend, Christina Hills, is once again teaching non-techie people just like me how to build their own website without a webmaster. Although I have a Team, I often have last minute changes that I want to tweak immediately. When you’re ready to take back control and feel empowered to run things yourself you gotta learn from the best.
Register for this FREE call I will be doing with Christina “Planning Your WordPress Website Design” on March 9, 2011. Go to www.RedHotChristinaHills.com
Don’t be frustrated waiting on someone else to create your masterpiece! Learn to make your own website changes when you want them, no languishing on the sidelines. www.RedHotChristinaHills.com
NOTE: We apologize for any inconvenience when using this or any other resource recommended. While we work to provide you with the best content it doesn’t always work out as expected.