You’ve probably heard the exciting news that my latest *She Factor Copywriting Bootcamp* mentorship program sold out in less than 48 hours! The fastest sell-out I’ve ever had. Obviously people are seeing the value of copywriting with a more feminine angle.
A waiting list has already started for the next 8 week mentorship in early 2011. If you want in, please write www.RedHotHelpDesk.com to be added to waiting list and you’ll get first dibs. We’ll announce the dates soon but it will be early in the year.
BUT you don’t have to wait until 2011 if you want to get a jumpstart. The self-paced hard product leads you through everything I will teach in the mentorship…only without me as your coach. Just visit www.SheFactorBootcamp.com and go to the P.S. area to grab yours now. We will deduct the price of the hard product if you end up joining us in the live 2011 mentorship. You can’t lose!
I’m super excited that Office Depot is hosting me on a free webinar TODAY at 1pm PT, *Fail Proof Ways to Capture Attention with Your Marketing, Ads, Email and Online Copy*. Even if you can’t make it live, sign up to check it out later. I have a brand new bonus to give you as well called, *10 Tips to Get You More Business Using Copy*. http://bit.ly/bfSK1J. Sorry you missed it but you can get it here…go to the WebCafe link right here and listen to the replay plus getting the BONUS.
Spread your message and rule the world!
THINK BIG, BE EXTRAORDINARY!!
Gold Tier Charter Membership
This newest Gold tier of Ali Brown’s 2010 Millionaire Protégé Club is ready to explode your profits through it’s elite membership! Designed by Ali as her way of giving you a chance to join her Millionaire Protégé Club. How delicious!
It’s an affordable new level of MPC membership that includes LIVE telecoaching with yours truly on specific business and marketing strategies for increasing sales and productivity at no cost to low cost. If you wanted to join the Platinum membership but found it out of reach this Gold tier membership is for you. Here’s that link …
5 Ways to Avoid Hype in Your Copy
By Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero, Copywriting Strategist
Copy is salesmanship in print, but does it have to be a greasy used-car salesman? The answer is, “No!” Follow these 5 tips and watch your prospects’ trust level rise.
- Make it believable. Face it – we are just smarter nowadays than we were several decades ago. In fact, we’re jaded. We’ve seen it all. Bought the miracle pills (and felt stupid for believing the charlatans). We all know it’s impossible to lose 25 pounds over night. So why even go there? Once you lose credibility, you’ve lost your prospect’s attention too. Respect your prospect with honesty and you have a much better chance of doing business together. (Psst. A great way to build trust is to actually reveal a flaw in your product. We all know nothing is perfect – so show us where it’s not and we believe in you.)
- Easy on the adjectives. Great copy is “verb-heavy,” not laden with adjectives. In fact ad man great, Leo Burnet (of Green Giant ad fame, among others) wanted to discover why 62 of his ads failed. So he had his staff separate out the parts of speech. The failed ads had more adjectives than verbs. Take my advice. If you haven’t already, go to Amazon and buy Richard Bayan’s copywriting thesaurus, Words that Sell. And keep it by your desk when writing.
- Write in your prospect’s language. Make sure you understand their particular jargon. For example, in general chiropractors have a bit of a rivalry with medical doctors. But chiropractors are “real” doctors. If you slip up and say otherwise, you have alienated them. But you would only know that by deeply studying your target market. An excellent resource to learn more about various inner languages is at www.thewordsthatsell.com. They have special reports on markets from real estate agents to radiologists to attorneys.
- Write to one person with the “tarketing” technique. To really sound sincere and empathetic, do what I call “tarketing”. That’s taking your target market’s demographics down so far that you’re actually referring to just one person. (See, a target market is a mob or plural while a “tarket” is ONE PERSON or singular.) Corporations take this approach all the time. For example, Volvo’s tarket is a 35 year old mother of two. (Does that mean men don’t buy Volvo’s? Of course not!) When you use the tarketing technique, not only is your writing more concise, but your reader connects with you on a very deep level. After all, you’re talking directly to him or her.
- Think from the prospect’s point of view. You have to do your due diligence if you want to avoid the hype. This is where summoning up a little creativity goes a long way. Once you’ve got your tarketing technique in place, really drill it down. Get deep inside your prospect’s head and ask yourself some of these questions:
- What magazines does he or she read?
- What restaurants does he or she go to?
- Does your prospect take vacations?
- Who did your prospect vote for for president?
- How would your prospect describe his or her life if they ran into a childhood friend they haven’t seen for 10 years?
Are you beginning to see just how deep you can start to go? These questions are a nick on the surface. I go on for pages in my workbook, but you get the idea.
The best way to avoid hype is to genuinely connect with your prospect through prewriting research AND respect. You’ll be rewarded with customer loyalty and many more sales.
If you want to learn more about how to market to women (whether you are a male or a female), you want to sign up for my weekly ezine, Copywriting TNT at http://tinyurl.com/copywriting-TNT
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Award-winning marketer, world-renowned copywriter and creator of “The She Factor®”, Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero of Red Hot Copy has a reputation as the top female copywriter in the info-marketing industry. She has written award-winning home study courses, conducts a world-famous virtual copywriting training, holds live workshops, and is authoring the original book, The She Factor based on her own She Factor Marketing System. Lorrie is dedicated to teaching the world it is possible to shift from the hype-filled sales to a more modern version…marketing written with authenticity, trust, and rapport.
Recommending Boomer Chick Universe …
One of my coaching clients, Jan Rose Distel, is creating a community where like-minded smart, spunky, sexy women find the “Just What I Need” resources to make these years the best ever.
And… she would love your input. Just go to: www.BoomerChickUniverse.com.
Would you like to reach 23,000+ small business owners and solo-entrepreneurs for less than half a penny each? ,You see, ezine ads work. They may not be as exciting as pay-per-click ads, video blogs, or the latest whiz-bang marketing tactic. But when done right, ezine ads can be one of your most cost-effective ways to reach YOUR target market, and:
- get more visitors to your web site
- build your email LIST
- get more clients and sales
Here’s the catch: Studies show that you have to run an ad in the same ezine MULTIPLE issues in a row for best results. Most prospects just won’t “bite” the first time they see your ad.
Our guidelines: We welcome 50-word ads contained in one paragraph with one live link. Ads must be are professional and do not contain suggestive or adult material. Our deadline is Wednesday for all ads for the following week. Our ezine is published on Tuesdays.
NOTE: We apologize for any inconvenience when using this or any other resource recommended. While we work to provide you with the best content it doesn’t always work out as expected.